Thursday, December 20, 2012

Award Winning Cookies

Ok, I didn't win an award, but I did win my office bake-off with these cookies.  I love to make cookies at Christmas, and I used to pride myself on making elaborate cookies with tons of ingredients.

Now, I am into keeping things simple, especially since I have 'helpers' when I bake.  With an extra person (or two) involved in the process, if I have a recipe with 10 ingredients, unless I lay them all out before the kids start helping, there is a chance that something would be forgotten.

These cookies are very simple, with only 4 ingredients.  They come together quickly and are delicious.  I found this recipe in Taste of Home Magazine, where a lot of good cookie recipes live.

I haven't experimented, but I bet you can switch around the cookie dough and type of chips and make a lot of different, tasty cookies.

Creme de Menthe Cheesecake Cookies (Makes 4 Dozen)

Ingredients
1 Tube Slice and Bake Sugar Cookie Dough
1 8oz Package Cream Cheese, softened
1 egg
1 1/3 Cup Mint Chocolate Chips

Directions
1. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
3. Add egg and cookie dough, beat until combined.
4. Add mint chips and mix well
5. Drop on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.  (I use parchment paper)
6. Bake at 350 for 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheet before moving to wire rack to cool completely

They are not the prettiest cookies, but they are yumtastic!



1 comment:

  1. No surprise you won the bake-off at work today, the cookies were delicious!

    ReplyDelete