Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Meme


I stole this from Hubman and goodness only knows where he got it from.

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?                                                                                                           Hot chocolate, especially Starbuck's Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate.  
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?                                                    Not only does Santa wrap them, he uses a special wrapping paper that is not used on any other gifts, and gets someone from their office to write out the labels so the kids don't recognize the handwriting. 
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white?                                                                           Colored lights on the tree, white lights outside.  I love the people that go absolutely nuts with the lights, but I don't think I would have the patience to hang all of those lights.  
4. Do you hang mistletoe?                                                                                                                  No, we do not.  But maybe I should find me some mistletoe panties.
5. When do you put your decorations up?                                                                                        I put out my holiday themed plates- 
Nikko's Winter Wonderland the Day after Thanksgiving and we decorate the house the weekend after Thanksgiving.  We get the tree about 10-14 days before Christmas.  We usually get the tree from a local lot that sells for charity (Scouts, Lions) but some friends gave me some leads on some places in PA where we can cut down our own tree. 
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?                                                      Growing up in an Italian family, I loved the feast of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve. However, now that I live with people who don't really enjoy fish we don't do that.  I usually make lasagna for Christmas dinner and grilled cheese sandwiches with pepperoni bread for lunch.  Now that Hubman and I are trying to live the low carb life, both of these are a big treat. 
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?                                                                                            Growing up my mom hosted Christmas and everyone came to our house.  This continued through high school and college, and I always loved how she welcomed my friends over for the extended dinner.  Since the bulk of my friends were jewish, they enjoyed coming over for some baked ziti and chicken marsalla for dinner.  For me that welcoming spirit is what Christmas is all about.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?                                                               I learned late (12) when a friend of mind was incredulous that I still believed.  However I do believe in Santa as part of the spirit of Christmas. 
9. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?                                                                                         Hubman and I have developed a tradition of exchanging ‘naughty Santa’ gifts on Christmas Eve. Thankfully last year I could not make up my mind between two items, so I saved one for this year.  This is a good thing, since I do not know where the naughty store is around here.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?                                                        I'm thinking he will get fudge crinkles and peanut butter cookies with the Hershey Kisses in them.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?                                                                                                                  I used to love it, but like birthday parties, candy binges and wearing lots of pink, glittery clothes, snow is for children.
12. Can you ice skate?                                                                                                                               I can.  I can go forwards, backwards, fast and do spins.   Its one of the few sports where I am more skilled than Hubman.                                                                                                                      
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?                                                                                            When I was six I got the Barbie Dream House with the elevator you would pull with a string.  

More recently?  Last year Hubman and the kids bought me a beautiful necklace with a red heart with matching earrings.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?                                           Spending time with my family.  Hopefully seeing three delighted faces. 
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?                                                                                    I'm a slut for the cookies, even though they are easy to binge on.  
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?                                                                                    I love our pajama day Christmas.  The kids get holiday themed pj's which they wear Christmas Eve, and all day Christmas day. Hubman and I wear holiday pajamas too.  Then we hang around the house all day and watch movies and enjoy the gifts and each other. 
17. What tops your tree?                                                                                                                         An angel, placed each year by Princess Persistent
18. What do you prefer… giving or receiving?                                                                                 I love the giving part.  There is no better feeling than seeing the look on someone's face when you got them a present that they really like.  I am also a big fan of getting toys for toy drives and adopting a family.
19. What is your favorite Christmas carol?                                                                                    In church I love to sing Angels We Have Heard on High.  I also love Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and I am partial to Martina McBride's Version.
20. Candy canes… yuck or yum?                                                                                                  Yummy!
21. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?                                                                         No, but I have returned things.
22. Favorite Christmas movie?                                                                                                          Miracle on 34th Street.  (The 1994 Version)
23. Do you have a nativity scene?                                                                                                      We do, it looks more like a kids toy that a traditional one, however.  I think about getting a really nice Lenox type one, and spending a few years doing add a piece for Christmas, but I have not found a set I really like yet.
24. What’s the most annoying thing about this time of year?                                                    The fact that Christmas stuff comes out earlier and earlier every year. 
BTW, for those of you interested, Hubman and I both did some naughty Christmas Pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. 3. Since when have you *ever* put up any of the lights?

    9. There are 2 cheezy looking adult toy stores on Rt 40

    12. That's true

    15. No, you're just a slut :-)

    ReplyDelete